Sunday, June 16, 2013

VIDEOSAMPLES 550D/T2i ML RAW

The Team from magiclantern.fm released a beta firmware modification for several Canon cameras. If you are an owner of a newer canon cam like 5d Mark II&III 50D 60D 6D T3i or T2i you are now able to record 14bit raw video. Resolutions and framerates are depending on camera model.
Infos at http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6215.0

I´m very excited about the possibility to shoot raw on my good old 550D/T2i. The dynamic range is  stunning. I recognized still a bit of moire in some shots, but in my opinion it´s less then in the H264 internal recording.
Download and infos for 550D/T2i http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5582.0

In the last couple of weeks I travelled to different City´s,
these are my results.

Istanbul Magic Lantern Raw 550D



550D ML Raw Istanbul upscaled to 720p from funky sensation on Vimeo.

Shoot on a Weekend Trip to Istanbul.
Testing the Magic Lantern Raw Module (ML_960x480_Raw_Rec from mk11174).
There is still a bit of moire and aliasing but quite less then in the intern h264. I noticed a lot of frame skipping, specially in shots with high amount of detail like the water shot at 01:46, the camera didnt tell me that see it first time in post. Iam excitet about the grading possibilities. Some shots are heavely sharpend and graded some not. All grading and sharpening was done in Adobe Raw.
Looking forward to test the newer builts from the ML Crew with higher res and hopefully no frame skipping.
Please excuse the shakiness of the handheld shots, but the crop factor is something like 3x at 960x480


Düsseldorf @ Rhein Magic Lantern Raw 550D



550D Rhein Raw from funky sensation on Vimeo.

Shoot at Rhein river in Duesseldorf. Resolution is 1280x426 and aspect ratio 3:1. I was able to record 240 frames continuously.
Lens used: Zenitar 16mm f2.8
CC and sharpening in ACR.
The shot at 01:06 is 1280x720@8fps
Tested the dolly mode in the last shot.

I will upload a video shooted in Kopenhagen Denmark in a couple of days. I´m editing right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment